2020 Souper Fun Sunday at St. Francis Catholic Academy
Ladles up! CAMPUS USA Credit Union was proud to once again sponsor Gainesville's best soup competition, Souper Fun Sunday, at St. Francis Catholic Academy. We watched (and tasted) as 35 area restaurant and catering chefs put their soup skills to the test for a panel of local, celebrity judges and community members. The competition was tough and the soup selections scrumptious.
The event was held in the gymnasium at St. Francis, where judges picked winners based on four categories: seafood soups, non-seafood soups, vegetarian options, and best decorated table. Community members also got a vote in the People's Choice category. While many participants had delicious offerings, there could only be one winner in each category and two runner-ups.
Drum roll, please! The first-place winners of the 2020 Souper Fun Sunday competition are:
- Seafood: Gator's Dockside with their Creamy Seafood Chowder
- Non-Seafood: Great Outdoors with their Cajun Split Pea soup
- Vegetarian: Chef Brothers Custom Catering with their Cream of Mushroom soup
- People's Choice: Wahoo Seafood Grill with their Crab Bisque
- Best Decorated Table: Chef Brothers Custom Catering